Saturday, December 16, 2006

I think the happiness boost from almost graduating is wearing off. It reminds me of a lecture on happiness my former friend and I went to earlier in the semester, where some philosopher compared happiness with the delta-meter on a sailboat. Happiness, qua sailboat, is only a measure of the rate at which your place in life is changing. It reflects nothing about your actual well-being.

Thus my position has improved, and yet life is once again the same as it was.

I have a childhood friend moving to the ciity. At the same time I just ruined one of my longest Maryland friendships. It occurred to me today that I might have some unconscious urge to hold my number of friends constant, which is why I purposely sabotaged things with Chris. I wouldn't put this past myself.

I would ordinarily start writing about you now, but all I know is that you had a run-in with a wine slushing lush at a party. It seems like girls would be more wary of you kicking their asses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home